Natural Gas Fireplaces are an effective heating system with the added pleasure of bright glow and flickering flame.
Choosing a Natural Gas Fireplace
There are three types of natural gas fireplaces you can choose for your home:
• Fireplace inserts: If you already have a wood-burning fireplace, you can easily convert it to natural gas. Inserts fit into your existing fireplace and use your home’s existing chimney.
• Direct vent fireplaces: These sealed units draw outside air in and don’t need a chimney or flue—they’re the ideal solution if you don’t have an existing chimney.
• Freestanding fireplaces: These can be installed almost anywhere in your home, often with little or no renovation. And they’re another great option if you don’t have a chimney.
We are licensed to install and maintain your natural gas fireplace for you.
To keep your new natural gas fireplace working safely and efficiently:
• Have it serviced every year.
• Review your manufacturer’s instructions for maintenance and use.
• Never leave children alone near a gas fireplace. Use a screen or protective barrier to keep them away from the glass.
• Do not place flammable materials near your fireplace.
• If your pilot light or flame goes out, follow the lighting steps in your manufacturer’s instructions.
• Ensure that your fireplace is turned completely off when not in use.
• Never wipe the glass of a hot fireplace with a damp cloth. It could cause the glass to crack.
• Never use a fireplace with cracked glass.